EMOD: Enhanced Modular Stock
EMOD: Enhanced Modular Stock
The VLTOR EMOD provides a variety of enhancements in comparison to other stocks. The increased length is a major benefit for those weapons using scoped rifles, as it increases the available comb for any length of pull. The EMOD is slightly wider and longer at the toe than a regular M4 stock with a noticeable negative pitch making transitions from the ready position feel more natural.
Many of VLTOR’s products are export controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Shipments from VLTOR may contain products controlled by the U.S. DoS or the U.S. DoC. Export of such items may not be done without prior approval from the U.S. Government and VLTOR.
- Waterproof side battery compartments that holds 4 CR123 or three AA batteries in each compartment
- Weatherproof compartment in the clubfoot area of the stock that hold two AA batteries
- Comes pre-assembled with rubber buttpad and strike plate
- Matte (anti-reflection/anti-glare) finish
- Impact and temperature resistant polymer, specifically blended for VLTOR stocks
- Has standard military and quick disconnect swivel socket accessible from both sides
- Slightly wider and longer at the toe than a regular M4 stock with a noticeable negative pitch making transitions from the ready position feel more natural
- Kit includes five position Mil-Spec receiver extension , carbine spring and buffer kit, VLTOR Lock Plate and VLTOR Lock Nut
- Available in Commercial or Mil-Spec configurations
AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLORS:
- Foliage Green:
DOWNLOAD USER'S MANUAL
- Length with buttpad: 7.75 inches (at centerline of tube)
- Weight: 14 oz
- LOP fully collapsed: 11.50 inches
- LOP fully extended: 15.00 inches
- Buttpad angle: -5 degrees with decrease to -15 at toe
- Receiver extension is made of 7075 T6 impact extrusion
DOWNLOAD USER'S MANUAL
1. What is the difference between the EMOD and the IMOD stock?
The EMOD stock only comes in the clubfoot configuration whereas the IMOD comes in standard and clubfoot. The EMOD also has the additional storage compartment in the foot of the stock. The EMOD is 1.50 inches longer than the IMOD for longer length of pull.
2. Is there any adaptor that I can purchase to take off the battery compartments and have something fill the void?
At this time we do not sell a product that will allow you to take off the battery compartments and fill that void with something. The original modstock cheekweld adaptors will not fit the EMOD.
3. Do you sell a product or know of a product that I can install to raise the cheekweld on the stock?
We do not sell a product that will allow you to raise the cheekweld on the EMOD or IMOD stock nor do we know of anything that you can attach to the stock to make the cheekweld higher.
4. I lost my battery compartment caps. Can I purchase them through VLTOR?
Yes, we sell the compartment caps separately. Visit our webstore or give us a call to place an order.
Owen (verified owner) –
I contacted the sales department at VLTOR to go over a few questions I had regarding the EMOD and the IMOD stocks. I also wanted to hear their comments regarding a comparative Magpul stock. I subsequently ordered the EMOD direct from VLTOR. It arrived several days later, all in good condition. I installed the stock onto a Colt LE 6940P. It does fit rather snugly on the factory buffer tube, but I’d rather that over a loose fit for sure and with some dry lubricant it slides just fine. The battery storage is terrific and perhaps the best I’ve seen on a stock. My cheek placement/eye relief on the rifle is just great with the profiled stock and without having more of a sniper-type fixture for a cheek pad, again, this is by far the best I’ve used. I also married the stock with grips from Stark and the color match is darn near identical. My first 30 rounds out of the newly set up weapon netted a grouping inside 1.5″ at 100yds. So obviously it feels just right.
All in all, I couldn’t be happier; between the cost, fit, finish and support on the purchase it was an excellent choice.
firstname.lastname@example.org (verified owner) –
I have one on a LWRC M6A3 and just bought one to put on a new AR build. I use it in multi-gun competition and it’s perfect for quick transitions. The big plus that it has is the shape that provides for an excellent cheek weld…wonderful and steady. I always have need for batteries as my red dot is constantly on, and it’s quite easy knowing that they are always in the on-board storage along with a few critical spare parts. A little tissue, nitrile gloves, or plastic baggies come in handy while keeping things from rattling. Stock finish is top notch and the built-in QD works easily and flawlessly.
I liked it so much I bought another, what does that tell you?
Bobby Roulo (verified owner) –
Just arrived in mail yesterday this company is very expedient in getting your order out to you which is very important to me and speaks loudly about their customer service. Vast improvement over the Magpul Moe stock that I previously had on my AR-15. The cheek weld is absolutely amazing from ready position to bringing it up it’s almost an instant alignment with my red Dot the angling and material texturing is very comfortable. You definitely get what you pay for yes over $100 is pricey for a stock but with this quality of the build in the materials and craftsmanship this stock can’t be beat. Installing it is very simple and easy as well as uninstalling. Both the watertight tube compartments work as intended as well as the square compartment in the foot club. I submerged my stock in a bucket of water and left it setting in there for about an hour and nothing. Also The wider rear end and thicker butt pad works well with my smaller bony frame as when I shot with the Magpul stock it always kept banging off of collarbone but with the wider rear it fits perfectly into the cup of my shoulder. I would recommend this stock to anyone wanting to upgrade their AR system. One Note the stock does fit pretty tight but after a little playing around with it working it up and down the buffer tube helped alleviate it. You don’t have to worry about this stock bouncing or moving around on you.