VIS-KM: Polylithic Upper with KeyMod
VIS-KM: Polylithic Upper with Keymod
One of VLTOR’s most innovative products is the Versatile Interface Structure (VIS) upper receiver assembly. VLTOR is now introducing the VIS-KM, with the integrated KeyMod system. The KeyMod system breaks from the traditional fixed quad rail setup and allows the operator to decide where accessories or rails are mounted. KeyMod also allows for modularity between various manufacturer’s accessories. Note: The VIS-KM comes supplied with the stripped upper only. The barrel, sights, and all other accessories must be purchased separately.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Hardened to T6 specifications
- Hard coat anodized, black per MIL-A-8625 TYPE III Class 2
- 6013 forged upper with 6061 extruded handguard
- Removable lower handguard
- M203 barrel mounting compatible
- Compatible with most Mil-Spec AR-15 parts and most KeyMod mounted accessories
- Available in shell deflector only or forward assist models
DOWNLOAD USER'S MANUAL
|Weight||Handguard Length||Overall Length||Interior
|VIS-KM7||16.8 oz||6.85 in||14.496 in||1.125 in||$599.95|
|VIS-KM9||21.4 oz||8.82 in||16.496 in||1.125 in||$624.95|
|VIS-KM10||22.1 oz||9.93 in||17.596 in||1.125 in||$649.95|
|VIS-KM12||23.8oz||12.22 in||19.871 in||1.125 in||$674.95|
|VIS-KM14||25.8 oz||13.78 in||21.446 in||1.125 in||$699.95|
DOWNLOAD USER'S MANUAL
1. Will a standard barrel nut work?
No. You do have to use the provided barrel nut and “one-time use wrench”
2. Do you sell an armorers version of the VIS wrench?
We do not. Our VIS wrenches are meant for one barrel installation. You can purchase additional VIS nuts and wrenches separately.
3. Will the Noveske KX3 fit underneath the handguard? Will a suppressor fit?
The Noveske KX3 or a suppressor will not fit underneath the VIS. The VIS only has a one inch diameter which doesn’t allow enough clearance.
4. What kind of mounting block should I use?
We recommend that you use the Geissele Reaction Rod for installation. Damage could incur if you use clamp style mounting blocks or blocks that do not support the upper internally. This could void your warranty.
5. How do you remove the forward assist to install a custom dust cover?
Due to our Lifetime Warranty, we advise that you not remove or attempt to remove your forward assist. Our Lifetime Warranty covers all of our products as long as they are not modified in any way (i.e. disassembly, Cerakote, painted, Durakote, etc.). We do offer a service in house that will maintain your Lifetime Warranty. Please contact us to arrange this service.
6. Do you make a VIS that is compatible with .308?
We do not current have a .308 compatible MUR available; however, our Research and Development team is exploring this area.
7. What is included with the VIS Upper Receiver?
Included with the VIS Upper receiver is the VIS Barrel nut, the VIS barrel wrench, and the M203 mounting bracket and screws.
8. I want to know how much barrel will be protruding from the handguard. How do I measure this?
If you visit the “specifications” tab it lists the handguard length. This measurement is taken from the barrel extension flange to the end of the handguard. You must first know the barrel length from the back of the barrel extension flange forward to determine the amount of handguard that will cover your barrel.