RE-1: AR-15 Receiver Extension
The RE-1 receiver extension allows you to mount a Mil-Spec stock on a civilian carbine or convert your A2 style fixed buttstock to a collapsible configuration. This receiver extension has five positions and corresponding white position numbers that are visible through the witness hole on most stocks.
- Five position receiver extension made from impact extruded 7075 T6 aluminum
- Hard coat anodized
- Positions are numbered and are visible through the witness hole on most stocks
- Snag-free sliding of the buttstock
AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLORS:
- Receiver is designed for carbine spring and buffer (spring and buffer sold separately)
- Receiver extension is Mil-Spec dimensioned and will only accept M4 type Mil-Spec buttstocks
- Weighs 3.8 oz
1. What is the difference between the commercial and Mil-Spec receiver extensions?
The only difference between the two is the tube diameter of the receiver extension. Commercial sizing is 1.170 inches outside diameter. Mil-Spec is 1.150 inches outside diameter. All VLTOR receiver extensions are of Mil-Spec dimension. Please keep this in mind when ordering a stock.