Vltor RE-10/A5SR: A5 Receiver Extension Tube
RE-10/A5SR: A5 Receiver Extension
The RE-10/A5SR Receiver Extension is a 6-position receiver extension designed to work with the VLTOR A5 buffer system.
This receiver extension is designed to work with Mil-Spec dimensioned M4/AR-15 type collapsible stocks. It also can be utilized as a replacement receiver extension for the AR-10 rifle.
Out of stock
- Six position receiver extension made from impact extruded 7075 T6 aluminum
- Hard coat anodized
- Positions are numbered and are visible through the witness hole on most stocks
- Snag-free sliding of the buttstock
AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLORS:
- Receiver is designed to use the VLTOR A5 spring and buffer kit only which is sold separately.
- Receiver extension is Mil-Spec dimensioned and will only accept M4 type Mil-Spec buttstocks
- Weighs 4.2 oz
1. Can I use a carbine spring and buffer kit with the RE-10/A5SR?
You cannot. The use of a carbine spring and buffer with the RE-10/A5SR receiver extension could result in damage to your firearm. The RE-10/A5SR receiver extension is designed to only work with other VLTOR A5 components which can be purchased separately.
2. What stock can I use with this receiver extension?
The RE-10/A5SR receiver extension will accept most M4/AR-15 type stocks. You would need to make sure that it is a Mil-Spec dimensioned stock. Most M4/AR-15 type buttstocks will collapse all the way down to the last position with this receiver extension.
3. What do I need to know before I install this receiver extension onto an AR-10?
The RE-10/A5SR is designed to be a replacement to the OEM receiver extension or for building up a rifle. Please note that there are additional components that are required based on your application. If you are using the A5SR tube on an Armalite AR-10 carbine and rifle, you must use the Armalite AR-10B Operation Spring (Armalite Part #EA1095) and AR10 Carbine Buffer (Armalite Part #EC0120). If you are using this for a DPMS rifle, you will need to call DPMS for the correct parts needed. Attempting to use this tube with parts other than these, will result in damage to your rifle.
4. What if I need a heavier or lighter buffer for my weapon?
The A5 kit was specifically developed to use different weight buffers depending on your need. There are 5 different weights to allow you to fine tune your weapon. The weights are: 3.8oz, 4.56oz, 5.3oz, 6.08oz, and 6.83oz. The A5 combo kit comes with the A5H2 buffer. While we sell different buffer weights, the A5 combo kit is only sent with the A5H2 buffer and we do not offer substitutions. You can purchase the different pieces to the A5 kit from our webstore.